An Introduction to Male Hair Loss:
Nowadays, losing hair is not an easy thing for everyone. This hair loss problem may lead to many social and emotional issues. It is true that we lose some hair on an everyday basis; approximately 60-100 strands of hair per day normally. But when the number of hair strands increases above the limit, then it is said to be a hair loss problem.
Under which conditions can a hair transplant be done on a man?
Hair transplants in men can be done.
- In Advanced Androgenetic Alopecia, which doesn’t improve the medication?
- In scarring alopecia when it will be stable for a minimum of twelve months.
- Due to trauma, surgery, or burns, hair loss also occurs.
- In the case of traction alopecia,
- In the case of the restoration of eyelashes and eyebrows,
Before any other step for a hair transplant, it is determined whether a person is suited for a hair transplant or not. The main factors are the grade of the baldness, the extent and quality of the donor area, the thickness and density of the hair in the recipient area, and the result of the hair analysis test. These factors will also decide which type of hair transplantation technique is most suited for the candidate.
Why is hair transplantation done in males?
Hair transplantation in males helps in:
- To regain their confidence.
- To get natural-looking hair.
- To get permanent hair
- To accomplish the desired look, the hair is cut and styled in the way they like.
What are the techniques used in male hair transplantation?
“Direct hair transplantation technique”
When the FUE technique was starting to get popular, many surgeons and patients were inclined toward it. This is partly due to the absence of a linear scar in the donor area, which enables the patient to have buzzed or short hair at the back of the scalp, making it more aesthetically pleasing.
Because of the FUT and after learning about its benefits and drawbacks, our doctor has moved on to FUE. While working on the FUE routine, the doctors made some modifications to it for their practice and then published a paper under the title “direct hair transplantation: modified Follicular Unit Extraction technique” for the very first time in the year 2013 April in the journal cutaneous and aesthetic surgery. The main aim here is to decrease the grafts out of body time and to ensure its better survivability and growth.
The direct hair transplantation technique comprises two major steps:
- Pre-made sites: the recipient site has been created in correspondence to the right angle, direction, depth, and optimal density.
- Simultaneous scoring, extraction, and implementation: The grafts’ scoring is done by a motorized punch, and the extracted grafts are mostly loaded into the SAVA implanters. These loaded implanters are then unloaded into the sites which have been prepared in advance.
In 2019, they published another research paper titled, “Use of implanters in already made sites for hair transplantation,” which is on the use of implanters.
Follicular Unit Extraction:
This Follicular Unit Extraction technique was established in the year 2002 by Dr Bernstein and Dr Rassman.
This technique mainly involves the extraction of individual follicular units or the follicles from the donor area and placing them into the recipient area. It enables the use of a small, circular punch, which helps in the incision of the skin and separation of the surrounding tissue of the graft. This technique gained the popularity in the next few years after facing the critics like any other.
In the year 2018, the term “extraction” was replaced by another word called “excision” in an attempt to emphasize the minimally yet invasive nature of the procedure and avoid patients who are misled.
- The required follicular units are extracted from follicles from the donor area and placed in the loading solution.
- The grafts from the recipient area are implanted with the help of the implanters or forceps.
The Advantage of FUE over FUT:
- A linear scar is to be avoided.
- Heals faster.
- The preferred method for reducing scalp laxity
Why did you select “Clion Care” for male hair transplantation?
Clion Care is the best hair transplant clinic for men in Ahmedabad because
- They have an experienced doctor.
- Our clinic has the latest world-class hair transplantation techniques.
- In addition to FUE, there is also direct hair transplantation, which is an effective modification of FUE.
- Highly trained and courteous team.
- Best pre-operative and post-operative care.